Value Retail PLC (“Value Retail”) has an extensive network of partners, including airlines, credit card providers, online travel partners and hotel consortia, a full list of which can be accessed here (“Participating Partners”).
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to the offer of ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ to customers of Value Retail who are also members of loyalty programmes with the Participating Partners (“Customers”). These Terms are supplementary to the terms contained in any bonus miles or promotional offer invitation (“Invitation”) received by a Customer. The Invitation should be carefully reviewed as additional terms and conditions may apply.
How to participate
1. To receive ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ under a loyalty programme, Customers:
1.1. must present their membership card with a Participating Partner and (where applicable) their Invitation together with their receipts for goods, including food and beverages (“Qualifying Purchases”) purchased by the Customer, to the Tourist Information Centre or Welcome/Visitor Centre at participating villages which form part of The Bicester Village Shopping Collection; namely Bicester Village, London; Kildare Village, Dublin; La Vallee Village, Paris; Wertheim Village, Frankfurt; Ingolstadt Village, Munich; Maasmechelen Village, Brussels, Fidenza Village, Milan; La Roca Village, Barcelona, Las Rozas Village, Madrid; Suzhou Village, Suzhou; and Shanghai Village, Shanghai (collectively the “Value Retail Villages”); and
2. In addition to the above requirements, to receive ‘bonus miles’, ‘bonus points’ or ‘bonus rebates’ which are the subject of a specific promotional offer, Customers must, at the same time, also present their Invitation to participate in the relevant ‘bonus’ offer to the Tourist Information Centre or Welcome/Visitor Centre at a participating Value Retail Village.
3. Claims for ‘bonus miles’, ‘bonus points’ or ‘bonus rebates’ offers can only be made on the same date that the Qualifying Purchases are made and no retroactive claims for ‘bonus miles’, ‘bonus points’ or ‘bonus rebates’ will be permitted.
4. No ‘points’, ‘miles’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ will be awarded for Qualifying Purchases purchased by anyone other than the Customer. The Customer may be required to provide evidence (including, but not limited to, proof of identification and proof of purchase), to Value Retail’s reasonable satisfaction, that it was the purchaser of the Qualifying Purchases before any ‘points’, ‘miles’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ are awarded.
The Annual Threshold
5. Where a Customer has applied for ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ with a Participating Partner and, at any point within a calendar year, the Customer’s collective annual spend during that year associated with such applications for ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ at any or a number of the Value Retail Villages is equal to, or exceeds the Annual Threshold (defined below in paragraph 6) then the rate at which the ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ are awarded with such Participating Partner for the remainder of that year will be the “Reduced Earn Rate” set out in the table at paragraph 9 below.
6. The annual threshold shall be €30,000, save for 2018 when the annual threshold will be pro-rated to €12,500 for those Participating Partners that operate with an ‘Annual Threshold Effective Date’ (see table at paragraph 9) of 1 August 2018 (collectively the “Annual Threshold”).
7. In addition to the foregoing ‘bonus miles’, ’bonus points’ or ‘bonus rebates’ will not be awarded to a Customer who has met or exceeded the Annual Threshold, for the remainder of the year in which the Customer has met or exceeded the Annual Threshold.
8. Where a Customer applies for ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ with receipts from a Value Retail Village that are in a currency other than € then the following exchange rates shall be used to calculate whether the Customer has reached or exceeded the Annual Threshold to trigger the reduced rate awards of ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’:
- GBP£1 = €1.13
- CNY1 = €0.128
The Earn Rates
9. The rates at which a Participating Partner will award ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’, including the reductions in rates where a Customer has met or exceeded the Annual Threshold, are set out in the following table. Where a quarter, half or three-quarter ‘mile’, ‘point’ or equivalent ‘rebate’ is awarded to a Customer, Value Retail reserves the right to round such percentage up to the nearest full ‘mile’, ‘point’ or equivalent ‘rebate’:
10. Value Retail reserves the right to refuse to award any ‘points’, ‘miles’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ in cases of actual or suspected fraud.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, Customers who comply with the above conditions shall only be entitled to an award of ‘miles’, ‘points’, or equivalent ‘rebates’ in respect of one (1) Participating Partner per Qualifying Purchase receipt. Any attempt to claim ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ in respect of multiple Participating Partners using the same Qualifying Purchase receipt(s) shall be refused.
13. The right to participate in the offer to receive ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ in the Value Retail Villages is personal to the Customer and/or the recipient of an Invitation, as applicable, and may not be transferred. An Invitation may not be copied, reproduced or distributed in any form, or by any means for use by a person other than the original recipient.
14. The right to receive ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ in the Value Retail Villages may not be used in conjunction with any other special offer, coupon or other voucher and the ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ cannot be exchanged at any of the Value Retail Villages for cash.
15. Value Retail reserves the right to withdraw, reduce or cancel the ability to accrue ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ with a Participating Partner for any reason at any time.
16. Value Retail reserves the right to change, alter or amend these terms and conditions, including the level of the Annual Threshold or the exchange rates referred to in paragraphs 5, 6 and 8 above, at any time by publishing the updated terms and conditions on The Bicester Village Shopping Collection website.
17. Value Retail’s decision in all matters shall be final and Value Retail will not be liable to the Customer for any financial loss arising out of refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of its participation in the ‘miles’, ‘points’ or equivalent ‘rebates’ schemes, or any failure or inability of the Customer to take advantage of the offer.
18. The provider of the offer is Value Retail PLC, whose registered address is: 19 Berkeley Street, London, W1J 8ED, United Kingdom.